Receive Comprehensive Legal Help from New York City Family Law Attorneys In Divorce And Family Law Issues
Experienced legal team assists you with the most complicated divorce and family law matters
The practice areas of matrimonial law and family law require experienced, understanding and sensitive counsel. Everyone here at Bernfeld, DeMatteo & Bernfeld, LLP — from our hardworking staff to our competent legal team — focuses on providing you with outstanding legal service, support and guidance at every turn of your case. If you need help with a family law issue, such as divorce, alimony or equitable distribution, our well-established law firm can immediately review your case and recommend the best course of action for you.
How we can help
No matter how amicably you and your spouse are acting toward one another, if you are considering divorce, you can benefit greatly from the advice of a skilled lawyer. New York is now a no-fault divorce state — meaning you may cite the irretrievable breakdown of your marriage as grounds for separating from your spouse. An experienced lawyer can also assist you with more complicated issues, such as child custody.We at Bernfeld, DeMatteo & Bernfeld, LLP can help you with:
- Prenuptial & postnuptial agreements - Our attorneys are experienced in drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to protect the assets of spouses before and after marriage.
- Divorce — Our lawyers regularly assist NYC clients with a wide range of needs, from simple and straightforward uncontested divorces to complex, hotly contested divorces.
- Child custody & relocation — Many otherwise agreeable spouses are capable of engaging in fierce litigation when it comes to determining child custody. Souses can appeal custody and visitation when a spouse relocates. Each member of our legal team has substantial trial experience and will fight zealously for you.
- Divorce modifications — The court recognizes that your situation and the situation of your ex-spouse may change sometimes after your divorce. To account for such changes, we can seek divorce modifications for child custody, child support and alimony.
- Separation — Separation is typically favored by couples as an alternative to divorce when they wish to retain the financial benefits associated with marriage or are morally or religiously opposed to divorce.
- Alimony — Alimony or spousal maintenance can help a spouse get back into the workforce or obtain an education. Our lawyers are well-versed in the various forms of alimony available in NYC.
- Child support — Child support is intended solely to foster the best interests of the child. The amount of child support the noncustodial parent must pay depends on the income of each parent.
- Divorce mediation — More and more couples are choosing mediation over divorce because it is affordable, takes place in a comfortable environment, is relatively fast and may be less harmful to children.
Let a compassionate legal team help you move forward
Bernfeld, DeMatteo & Bernfeld, LLP caters to working professionals who are seeking experienced and competent legal aid for a divorce or matrimonial law issue. Understanding and easy to work with, our lawyers act as a team to help you resolve your case as quickly and effectively as possible. Contact us today online or call us by phone at 646-880-4689.